Utilities, Water & Sewer

City Services & Billing
Water and sewer service is provided by the City of Wayzata. If you need to start sewer and water service, call 952-404-5363. Information required at that time will be name, address and move-in date. Wayzata residents / businesses are billed monthly. Sewer bills are based on water consumption.

Utility Department
If you have any questions or concerns regarding water quality, water odor, rusty water or problems with water pressure, please call the Utility Department at 952-404-5363. Utility Department duties include:
  • Assist other departments as necessary
  • City buildings
  • City street lights
  • Fire hydrants
  • Irrigation systems
  • Meter reading
  • Meter work orders
  • Sanitary sewer collection system including lift stations
  • Storm water system repairs
  • Underground utility locates
  • Water meters
  • Water production and distribution systems
  • Water Quality Report
Reporting Issues
In the event of a water, sewer or street emergency issue, please call Hennepin County Dispatch at 952-258-5321.

To report broken or malfunctioning storm sewer (catch basins, pipes, etc.), or other maintenance issues call 952-404-5363 or send an email to Public Works Superintendent Jim Eibensteiner.

Utility Direct Pay
Have your monthly utility bill automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account Complete and return our Automatic Withdrawal Authorization Form (PDF) along with a voided check or deposit slip to the Public Works.

Seasonal Restrictions on Water Use
The City of Wayzata has a permanent odd / even sprinkling ban, which is in effect from May 1 to September 30 of each year. Using water for irrigation purposes is prohibited from noon to 5 p.m. daily. If your address ends in an odd number, you may water on odd numbered calendar days.

These restrictions apply only to lawn watering and not to incidental uses, such as washing cars or filling pools. For more information visit our Water Conservation Tips page.

Hydrant Flushing
The City of Wayzata Department of Public Works conducts annual hydrant flushing typically in the month of April. Read on...