Picture Wayzata Photo Contest
The Picture Wayzata Photography Contest is a way to showcase the City of Wayzata. Whether its people at play, a treasured park or a new perspective on all Wayzata has to offer, we want to see it. Everyone is encouraged to participate-- residents, businesses, and students. Entries are accepted starting July 17, 2017, and the contest runs through October 22, 2017.
A first prize photo is selected in each of the four categories (if applicable). Photos must have been taken in Wayzata in 2012 or later and can depict any of the four seasons. Photographers may submit up to two submissions for each of the following categories (total of eight photo submissions):
- Candid Community Moments (our community events, activities, arts, sports, gatherings, Art Experience, James J. Hill Days, Chilly Open, Night to Unite block parties, volunteer events, plays, concerts, any recreation, kids in the backyard, shopping, eating out, working in the garden, students getting on the school bus, neighbors talking in front of their home, friends gathering, selfies in the big Adirondack chair, out on the lake, fishing with the family, and etc.)
- City Snapshots (locations of city destinations or landmarks- i.e. Wayzata beach, parks, trails, fields, downtown Wayzata, streetscapes, and businesses)
- View from Up High (aerial photos from drones or planes, a new perspective on Wayzata)
- Wild Wayzata (wildlife and nature, landscapes, plants, flowers, weather/sky, sunsets, birds, animals, pets, dogs playing at the off leash dog park
PHOTO SUBMISSIONS, DISPLAY AND AWARD RECOGNITION
By submitting your photos, you are giving consent that all entries belong to you and give the City of Wayzata the rights to use all the photos submitted. If you enter the contest, you may see your work used in city communications, even if you do not win. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide publications such as City newsletters, Parks and Recreation brochures, New Residents' Guide, social media, etc.
Only first place prizes will be awarded in each of the four categories. In addition, all photographs will be displayed at City Hall and/or the Muni and on the City of Wayzata website or social media sites or other city communications or publications.
PICTURE WAYZATA PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST RULES
- Photographs can be color or black and white.
- A completed official entry form must accompany each photograph submitted.
- Entries can be submitted online starting July 17 at www.wayzata.org/photocontest with contest form completed (that includes each photograph individually in jpg format) with the high-resolution digital file sized at least 5 by 7 inches at 300 dpi. Photo file name must include the last name of the photographer and the title of the photo.
- If a photo submitted does not have a completed entry form or vice versa, then it will not be considered. No mail or email submissions will be accepted.
- Photographs with obscene content will not be considered.
- All entries submitted must be your own work.
- Photographs must be previously unpublished. Photographs that have been published in any form prior to entry into the contest will be disqualified. Photos that were submitted in past Wayzata photography contests will not be considered.
- Employees and their family members of the City of Wayzata and/or any sponsors and/or judges are not eligible to enter.
- Photographs must have been taken within the city limits of Wayzata, Minnesota, in 2012 or later. Photographs from all seasons are encouraged.
- Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- If there are identifiable people in the photograph, and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photograph.
- Once they are submitted, photographs/images become the property of the City of Wayzata and have all rights for usage.
- Photographs and completed entry form(s) must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 22, 2017. The City is not responsible for any lost or misdirected entries.
PICTURE WAYZATA PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST JUDGING/AWARDS
- Submitted qualifying photos will be placed in online albums on the City of Wayzata (Local Government) Facebook page. A time frame will be specified when the albums are uploaded and posted to the City’s Facebook page for the public to cast votes by “liking” favorite photos. Judging will be conducted by popular vote of “likes” on the City of Wayzata Facebook photo only. No other forms of voting for judging will be accepted. No other comments or reactions will be counted for tallying the votes. The photo with the most likes in each category will win!
- Sharing the photos with your friends and family to vote is strongly encouraged.
- All decisions will be final, and the City reserves the right to re-categorize or disqualify any entrant.It is the responsibility of the participant to submit the entry image(s) in the correct category.
- Photographs and entry form must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 22, 2017. to be eligible for judging.
- There will be one first place winner in each of the categories. First prize winners will receive a $25 gift card to the Wayzata Bar & Grill. Prizes may not be awarded if no acceptable entries are received.
- Winners in each category will be notified by phone and/or email. First prize winners will mailed their gift card.
- Entries will be posted for public viewing at the Muni and/or City Hall, as well as at www.wayzata.org and/or other city communications.
ONLINE CONTEST ENTRY FORMEntries are accepted July 17 through October 22, 2017.
Picture Wayzata Photography Contest Form