Picture Wayzata Photo Contest
A 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize photo is selected in each of the four categories, as well as recognitions in the youth category for those under age 18. Photos must have been taken in Wayzata in 2011 or later and can depict any of the four seasons. Photographers may submit up to three submissions for each of the following categories (total of 12):
- People and Families (people, neighbors, friends, family--talking, working, learning, playing, living, volunteering- i.e. kids in the backyard, birthday parties, shopping, volunteering, eating out, working in the garden, students getting on the school bus, neighbors talking in front of their home)
- Community Activities and Events (celebrating our community with events/activities/recreation/arts/culture -sports, community celebrations, gathering places- i.e. Art Experience, James J. Hill Days, Chilly Open, Night to Unite block parties, volunteer events, plays, concerts, sports games, any recreation)
- Wildlife and Nature (landscapes, plants, flowers, weather/sky, wildlife, birds, animals, including pets)
- City Landmarks (locations of city destinations- i.e.Wayzata beach, parks, trails, fields, resources and accommodations)
PHOTO SUBMISSIONS, DISPLAY AND AWARD RECOGNITION
By submitting your photos, you are giving consent that all entries belong to you and give the City of Wayzata the rights to use all the photos submitted. If you enter the contest, you may see your work used in city communications, even if you do not win. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide publications such as City newsletters, Parks and Recreation brochures, New Residents' Guide, social media, etc.
Prizes are awarded in each of the four categories as well as in the youth category. In addition, all photographs will be displayed at City Hall and/or the Muni and on the City of Wayzata website or social media sites or other city communications or publications.
- Photographs can be color or black and white.
- A completed official entry form must accompany each photograph submitted.
- Entries can be submitted online starting April 15 at www.wayzata.org/photocontest with contest form completed (that includes each photograph individually in jpg format) with the high-resolution digital file sized at least 5 by 7 inches at 300 dpi. Photo file name must include the last name of the photographer and the title of the photo.
- If a photo submitted does not have a completed entry form or vice versa, it will not be considered. No mail or email submissions will be accepted.
- Photographs with obscene content will not be considered.
- All entries submitted must be your own work.
- Photographs must be previously unpublished. Photographs that have been published in any form prior to entry into the contest will be disqualified. Photos that were submitted in past Wayzata photography contests will not be considered.
- Employees and their family members of the City of Wayzata and/or any sponsors and/or judges are not eligible to enter.
- Photographs must have been taken within the city limits of Wayzata, Minnesota, in 2011 or later. Photographs from all seasons are encouraged.
- Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- If there are identifiable people in the photograph, and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photograph.
- Once they are submitted, photographs/images become the property of the City of Wayzata and have all rights for usage.
- Photographs and completed entry form(s) must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, May 31, 2016. The City is not responsible for any lost or misdirected entries.
- A panel of judges will review entries.
- Photographs will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, composition, and how an image expresses the theme of the selected category.
- All decisions will be final, and judges reserve the right to re-categorize or disqualify any entrant.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to submit the entry image(s) in the correct category.
- Photographs and entry form must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2016. to be eligible for judging.
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize awarded in each of the categories. First Prize Winners will receive a gift card to the Wayzata Bar & Grill. In the youth category, one first place photographer will be selected for a gift card to the Wayzata Bar & Grill.
- Prizes may not be awarded if no acceptable entries are received.
- Winners in each category will be notified by phone and/or email. First Prize Winners will mailed their gift card.
- Entries will be posted for public viewing at the Muni and/or City Hall, as well as at www.wayzata.org and/or other city communications.
ONLINE CONTEST ENTRY FORM
Entries are accepted April 15 through May 31, 2016.