Standard Operating Procedures
The Wayzata Fire Department encourages citizens to be safe when enjoying outdoor activities this summer. If a recreational fire is part of your plans, please make sure that you are familiar with our Recreational Fires Standard Operating Procedures:
- Fires must be a minimum of 25 feet from any combustible material.
- Fires must be contained within a 3 foot diameter that is completely surrounded by noncombustible and nonsmoke or odor producing materials.
- Fires must be inside a noncombustible fire ring.
- Fires must not be more than 36 inches around and 36 inches high.
- Fires must be attended at all times by an adult and have a fire extinguisher or hose connected to a water supply readily available for use.
- Only clean wood or charcoal may be burned. Burning trash or leaves is not permitted.
- Fire users must respect weather conditions, neighbors, burning bans and air quality so that nuisance, health or safety hazards are not created.
- Fires are not permitted when the City of Wayzata or the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has declared a burning ban, or when the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has declared an air quality alert.
- Users must contact the Fire Department as to time of the fire by calling 952-404-5337.
The Wayzata Fire Department may prohibit any or all recreational fires when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous.
No burning of any waste material allowed!