Handgun Permits

Permit to Purchase a Handgun

Current Minnesota State Law requires a permit from the police agency in the community in which you live, to purchase a handgun. Permit applications must be submitted during normal business hours.

Contact the Wayzata Police Department for more information 952-404-5340.

Applications & Forms

Permit to Purchase/Transfer Application Form (PDF)

Permit to Carry a Firearm

For information about a permit to carry a handgun, please visit Hennepin County Sheriff's Office website: Permit to Carry

Keeping Your Family Safe

Through Project Childsafe, the Wayzata Police Department is offering up to 3 free gun locks per family. Stop in during office hours to request the