Vacation House Check

Free Service

Going away? The Wayzata Police Department offers a free service to check the exterior of your home when you are out of town. Additionally, you should ask a trusted friend or neighbor to watch your home. They can take in papers and mail, water plants, open and close curtains, vary lighting and make the home look more "lived in." Make sure somebody removes snow or mows the lawn as the season dictates.

Request a Check

To make the request, please fill out the form below and submit it to the Wayzata Police Department or call 952.404.5340.

Please note: We cannot assume any liability for your residence. If time permits, we will attempt to check your residence. Please inform your neighbors that you will be away. They are your primary source of protection.

Your completed Vacation House Check Request Form can be sent to Administrative Assistant at the Wayzata Police Department via email to the Wayzata Police Department.