Picture Wayzata Photo Contest
Get your cameras ready, because it’s time for our annual Picture Wayzata Photo Contest!
The Picture Wayzata Photography Contest is a way to showcase the City of Wayzata. Whether its people at play, a treasured park or a new perspective on all Wayzata has to offer, we want to see it. Everyone is encouraged to participate-- residents, businesses, and students.
ONLINE CONTEST ENTRY FORM
Contest Entry Form Entries are accepted July 15, 2022 through Dec. 16, 2022.
PHOTO SUBMISSIONS, DISPLAY AND AWARD RECOGNITION
By submitting your photos, you are giving consent that all entries belong to you and give the City of Wayzata the rights to use all the photos submitted. If you enter the contest, you may see your work used in city communications, even if you do not win. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide publications such as City newsletters, Parks and Recreation brochures, New Residents’ Guide, social media, etc.
This year we are asking photographers to send us their best Wayzata photos. Examples of past photo submissions include: community events, sports, gatherings, Night to Unite block parties, volunteer events, kids playing, gardening, selfies in the big Adirondack chair, lakeshore views, fishing with the family, locations of city destinations or landmarks, parks, trails, downtown Wayzata, streetscapes, aerial photos from drones or planes, wildlife and nature, landscapes, plants, flowers, weather/sky, sunsets, birds, animals, pets, dogs playing at the off leash dog park, and anything else in Wayzata.
Only first, second and third place photos will be awarded with gift cards. In addition, winning photographs will be featured on the City of Wayzata photo contest winners webpage and/or other city communications or publications.
PICTURE WAYZATA PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST RULES
- Photographs can be color or black and white.
- A completed official entry form must accompany each photograph submitted.
- Entries can be submitted online with contest form completed (that includes each photograph individually in jpg format) with the high-resolution digital file sized at least 5 by 7 inches at 300 dpi. Photo file name must include the last name of the photographer and the title of the photo.
- If a photo submitted does not have a completed entry form or vice versa, then it will not be considered. No mail or email submissions will be accepted.
- Photographs with obscene content will not be considered.
- All entries submitted must be your own work.
- Photographs must be previously unpublished. Photographs that have been published in any form prior to entry into the contest will be disqualified. Photos that were submitted in past Wayzata photography contests will not be considered.
- Employees and their family members of the City of Wayzata and/or any sponsors and/or judges are not eligible to enter.
- Photographs must have been taken within the city limits of Wayzata, Minnesota, in 2019 or later. Photographs from all seasons are encouraged.
- Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- If there are identifiable people in the photograph, and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photograph.
- Once photographs/images are submitted, they become the property of the City of Wayzata and have all rights for usage.
- Photographers may submit up to two photos to the contest. The City is not responsible for any lost or misdirected entries.
PICTURE WAYZATA PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST JUDGING
- Submitted qualifying photos will be placed in one online album on the City of Wayzata (Local Government) Facebook page. A time frame will be specified when the album is uploaded and posted to the City’s Facebook page for the public to cast votes by "liking" favorite photos. Judging will be conducted by popular vote of "likes" on the City of Wayzata Facebook photo only. No other forms of voting for judging will be accepted. No other comments or reactions will be counted for tallying the votes. The photo with the most likes will win first, second and third prizes!
- Sharing the photos from the City’s album with your friends and family to vote is strongly encouraged.
- All decisions will be final, and the City reserves the right to disqualify any entrant.
- Winners will be notified by phone and/or email. Prize winners will be mailed their gift card.
- Winning entries will be posted on the Wayzata Photo Contest Winners page and/or other city communications.