Deputy Police Chief
The City of Wayzata is now accepting employment applications for a Deputy Police Chief position.
Wayzata is a premier suburb located 11 miles west of downtown Minneapolis. With a population of 4,500 people, Wayzata is a tight-knit community which is known for its vibrant downtown and picturesque setting on Lake Minnetonka. A popular destination for visitors, Wayzata’s downtown is home to a number of specialty shops, boutiques, professional services, and restaurants. Wayzata’s business districts and residential neighborhoods provide a significant tax base for this unique small town community.
Senior level leadership position responsible for assisting with the administration, management and direction of the police department. Assists and supports the Police Chief in the planning, coordination and supervision of personnel. Provides leadership to influence department members to excel within the community policing philosophy. Responsible for ensuring police protection to the City at all times. The Deputy Police Chief assumes responsibility for the department in the absence of the Police Chief.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or closely related field
- Seven (7) years of experience working in a public law enforcement agency
- Three (3) years of administrative and supervisory experience
- Valid Minnesota POST Board license
- Valid MN Driver’s License
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Criminal Justice or closely related field
- Demonstrated emergency management experience and training
- Completion of specialized law enforcement supervisory training
For complete information on the position, please see the attached job description. The 2019 salary range is $88,866.62 to $109,081.54, along with excellent benefits.
Completed applications are due by Wednesday, August 14, 2019 no later than 4:00 p.m. All submissions require a cover letter, resume, city application, and responses to supplemental questions. Direct correspondence to: City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.