Police Records Technician
The City of Wayzata is seeking a self-motivated and highly detail oriented individual to join the Police Department in the position of Police Records Technician.
The Police Records Technician will transcribe police reports, statements, audio, or other documents. Perform a variety of administrative and technical duties for the purpose of coordinating and maintaining accurate and up-to-date police reports, records, and data systems in compliance with legal mandates and prosecution requirements. Provide support to all members of the police department and other governmental agencies and the public.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Three years administrative experience with demonstrated customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to accurately enter
data in an efficient and timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass certification test for the BCA Basic Terminal Operator within first six months of employment
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Associates Degree in related field
- Transcription experience including the use of transcription software
- Previous experience in public safety and/or experience in the criminal justice system
- Experience with Bureau of Criminal Apprehension/Department of Public Safety Programs (DVS, eCharging, eFiling, CJRS Reporting, Portals, ISS, Statewide Supervision etc.)
For complete information on the position, please see the attached job description. The 2019 hourly rate is $22.50 to $27.62, depending on qualifications, along with excellent benefits. Completed applications are due no later than 11:00 a.m. on Friday, August 23, 2019. All submissions require a cover letter, resume, and employment application. Direct correspondence to: City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391 or.