Administrative Services Director
The City of Wayzata is seeking a highly motivated and positive professional to join our city as Administrative Services Director.
Wayzata is a premier suburb located 11 miles west of downtown Minneapolis. With a population of 4,500 people, Wayzata is a tight-knit community which is known for its vibrant downtown and picturesque setting on Lake Minnetonka. A popular destination for visitors, Wayzata’s downtown is home to a number of specialty shops, boutiques, professional services, and restaurants. Wayzata’s business districts and residential neighborhoods provide a significant tax base for this unique small town community.
Responsible for directing the Communications, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Motor Vehicle, and general administrative functions within the Administration Department. Ability to proactively and cohesively lead the departments' many facets in alignment with the City’s strategic plan and best practices. It is a fundamental expectation that this position will work collaboratively with staff among all departments to align internal services functions across the organization and develop effective and communicative working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in the public sector, public company, or non-profit, including at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Two years professional experience in Finance administration and/or Human Resources.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license or equivalent out-of-state license.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Five years professional experience in Finance Administration and/or Human Resources experience.
- Background in management of Information Technology.
- Background in strategic planning, organization development, and process improvement.
For complete information on the position, please see the job description. The 2019 salary range is $92,318.17 to $117,409.09, along with excellent benefits.
Completed applications are due no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 12, 2019. All submissions require a cover letter, resume, city application, and responses to supplemental questions. Direct correspondence to: City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391 or email@example.com.