The City of Wayzata is now accepting employment applications for the position of a part-time Community Service Officer (CSO). This position works under the direction of the Police Sergeant and under the general direction of the Police Chief.
The Community Service Officer position provides support services to all divisions of the police department and performs tasks assigned by a superior officer. Duties will include fingerprinting, ferrying squads for service, equipment maintenance, traffic direction, vehicle lockouts, respond to medical emergencies, animal complaints, and enforcement of parking laws, city ordinances, and property codes.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Continued qualification for and possession of a Minnesota Class “D” driver’s license.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to do some lifting, bending, climbing, reaching, overhead pushing and pulling.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
For complete information on the position, please see attached job description. The 2023 starting pay for this position is $17.50 per hour and is open until filled.
All submissions require a cover letter, resume, and city application. Direct correspondence to: email@example.com or mail to City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391.