Wayzata is taking the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously and is proactively working to minimize public health risk. Wayzata’s Emergency Management Team is planning and partnering with public safety officials and supporting agencies to protect our community.
While the City is making many changes to its operations, essential services including public safety and water and sewer utilities, will continue.
Below is a summary of changes to City operations (Updated 3/24/2020):
Most City facilities are closed to the public until further notice including:
- Wayzata City Hall
- Fire Station
- Public Works
- Police Department
- Wayzata DMV
The following facilities are open with limitations:
- Wayzata Bar & Grill – Closed to Dine-in only. OPEN for pick up orders from 11 am - 7 pm daily. Click here to order.
- Wayzata Wine & Spirits remains open with a limit of five people in the store at one time. Their hours are reduced to be open from Monday - Saturday 11 am - 7 pm, and Sunday 11 am - 6 pm. Please call 952.473.7191 to arrange for curb side pick up.
All employees that are able to work remotely are doing so. Therefore we encourage everyone to conduct business by phone, email (preferred), or through the website.
The following services have been temporarily suspended or postponed:
- Administration - Meeting space at any City facility for use by non-City of Wayzata groups
- Bar & Grill – Dine-in operations are suspended. Only pick-up orders will be fulfilled.
- Community Development Department – Rental inspections
- Police Department – Civil fingerprinting, ride-alongs, Police Department tours, car seat checks (call local hospitals for assistance)
- Public Works - Work orders are suspended. Most public contact limited to emergency situations only.
Programs, Events, and Meetings
The following public meetings are cancelled or postponed through March 31, 2020:
- March 16 – Planning Commission Meeting
- March 18 – Parks and Trails Board Meeting
- March 26 – Housing and Redevelopment Authority Meeting
- March 31 – Energy & Environment Committee Meeting
The following public meetings are proposed to be conducted virtually (can be streamed at www.wayzata.org/wctv):
- April 6 - Planning Commission Meeting
- April 7 - City Council Meeting
The following events are cancelled or postponed:
- March 18 – State of the City Address – Postponed
- April 18 – Panoway Kickoff Celebration - Cancelled
Additional changes and cancellations may be added as they are determined.
While City Hall is closed in response to COVID-19, you can still access many of your City services digitally via our new Virtual City Hall! Read on...
The City Council will be holding a Special Emergency Workshop Meeting on the Panoway on Wayzata Bay Phase I Reconstruction Project (Lake Street Construction). Read on...
The City of Wayzata continues to monitor the status of COVID-19 and make changes to its operations to align with best practices from the CDC, MN Department of Health, and other emergency management partners. Read on...