Police Records Supervisor
This position will transcribe police reports, statements, audio, or other documents. Perform a variety of administrative and technical duties for the purpose of coordinating and maintaining accurate and up-to-date police reports, records, and data systems in compliance with legal mandates and prosecution requirements. Provide support to all members of the police department and other governmental agencies and the public. Coordinates the overall day-to day functions of the department, member of the department’s leadership team and supervises the Police Records Technician.
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Public Safety, Public Administration or related field
- Minimum five years administrative office experience with demonstrated customer service skills
- Minimum three years police records experience
- Transcription experience, including the use of transcription software
- Currently have a BCA Basic Terminal Operator Certification or ability to pass BCA Basic Terminal Operation Certification test within first six months
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Public Safety, Public Administration or related field
- Experience with Bureau of Criminal Apprehension/Department of Public Safety Programs (DVS, eCharging, eFiling, CJRS Reporting, Portals, ISS, and Statewide Supervision etc.)
- Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice and/or legal experience
- Law Enforcement Records Management Systems experience
- Law Enforcement software system experience (Portals, MGA/MNCIS)
For complete information on the position, please see the attached job description. The 2021 hourly range is $28.30 to $34.74, depending on qualifications, along with excellent benefits.
Completed applications are due by Wednesday September 22, 2021 no later than 4:30 pm. All submissions require a cover letter, resume, and city application. Direct correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391.
Application Process (subject to change)
Application Deadline September 22, 2021 at 4:30 pm
First Round Interview September 30, 2021
Second Round Interview October 8, 2021