Direct police officers’ daily activities in the areas of patrol, crime prevention, criminal apprehension, training, planning, records, reports, identification, traffic law enforcement, traffic accident investigation/prevention, public education, public relations, and investigations. Provides first-line leadership, supervision, direction, control, and fulfills staff assignments within the various divisions of the police department.
- Five consecutive years as a police officer.
- Strong communication skills and professional working relationship with all members of the department
- Successfully complete annual Wayzata Police Use of Force training, including demonstrations of skill in the use of: handgun, long gun, baton, aerosol chemical weapon, unarmed defensive tactics, handcuffing, weapon retention, open and closed-hand strikes, kicks, and knowledge of related policies and laws
- Leadership training to include, but not limited to the MCPA Leadership Academy
- Strong investigative skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field
The 2023 hourly range is $40.18 - $49.32, depending on qualifications, along with excellent benefits. Additional wage increases for 2023 are currently under review with the union. Additional benefits may be available as part of the collective bargaining agreement. For complete information on the position, please see the job description below.
Completed applications are due by Sunday, December 11, 2022, no later than 11:59 pm. All submissions require a cover letter, resume, and city application. Direct correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391.
Application Deadline December 11, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
First Round Interview December 19, 2022
Second Round Interview December 27, 2022
Note: The timeline above is for planning purposes only and is subject to change.