CO Alarms

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

A U.L. approved Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector should be placed in every home. Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer because it is colorless and odorless. Without a working CO alarm you probably will not notice CO poisoning. CO poisoning effects your judgment and coordination. The symptoms are very much like that of the common flu. This is why it is important to place a CO detector in your home. Possible sources of Carbon Monoxide include:

  • Automobile exhaust from cars in attached garages
  • Back drafting from furnaces
  • Gas stoves
  • Leaking chimneys and furnaces
  • Malfunctioning gas water heaters
  • Unvented kerosene and gas space heaters
  • Wood stoves and fireplaces