565 Ferndale Rd W - Ferndale Bluffs
A development application to subdivide the property at 565 Ferndale Road West into four single-family parcels is in review by City staff and consultants.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet - Timeline
- December - January: Consultant WSB gathers data and drafts worksheet document.
- January: City staff review draft worksheet.
- Late January: Worksheet is submitted to the MN Environmental Quality Board (EQB).
- February: The EQB publishes the worksheet in their newsletter for a 30-day public comment period, which will last all of February. This is the first time for the neighborhood to officially voice their views.
- March: The EQB provides a decision document to the City. The City Council reviews the decision document and makes a determination.
- March/April: With the EAW decision complete, the project makes its way through the regular Planning Commission and City Council public hearing process, which takes about a month.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet - Topics
An EAW covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Land use and geology
- Water resource analysis
- Potential contamination
- Fish and wildlife
- Historic and cultural resources
- Air quality